Garment Construction and Pattern Making
This program is most suited for learners interested in the structure and shape of garments with cutting and shaping. They transform garments, customize, stitch pieces together for original creation. Garment making is an introduction to the basic skill of sewing which is essential to convert the design on paper into a garment. Pattern making is the art of manipulating and shaping a flat piece of fabric to conform to one or more curves of the human figure . A pattern making typically makes a pattern from a flat sketch with measurements or a two dimensional fashion illustration.
Career opportunities –
- Retail sales , alterations ,repair, instruction ,production ,design, communication, textile manufacturer etc.
- Set up home-based business(in the theory of reality) related to sewing & pattern making or establish a group of industry related to textile & apparel, based on the application specialized sewing techniques to garment/projects.
- Garment sewing data operator
- EXIM officer & executive
- Senior merchandiser
- Production manager
- Showroom sales representative
- Fashion show organizer
- College & universities
- Retail and clothing industry
- Medical textiles
- Transportation industry
Garment construction technology course suitability –
- They should known for a professional understanding of manufacturing technology, marketing and management principles which are related to garment industry.
- The course helps those who are willing to become a lecturer and professor.
They must be up-to-date with the changing trends in fashion industry.
Submit Your Query